Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Spider PB&J Crackers




My kids love Ritz crackers.  They can each finish one package of it. This snack is easy enough that my 3 year old can also make one all by himself.  What's great is you can even add this in kids lunches.  It will definitely bring a smile on their faces upon seeing something crafted with a Halloween theme.

Ingredients

  • WOW Peanut Butter  (You can use real peanut butter, I used fake because my kids have a no nut policy at their school)
  • Jelly (I used strawberry just because my kids love strawberry)
  • Ritz Crackers
  • Pretzel sticks (The ones I got were the long ones so I broke them in half)

    Directions
    • each spider needs 2 Ritz crackers and 8 pretzel sticks ( 4 pretzel sticks if long ones broken in half).
    • take one cracker and spread the fake peanut butter on it.  
    • layout the pretzel sticks over the cracker with the peanut butter.
    • add jelly in the center over the pretzel sticks
    • take another cracker and spread fake peanut butter on it (this will act as a glue to help keep the legs in place.

    Things your little one can do

    • To avoid spoiling the containers which hold the fake peanut butter or jelly transfer them to bowls your child can use.
    • Use spoons to spread the fake peanut butter and jelly on to the crackers (I used toddler spoons)
    • Have them arrange the legs on the spider and count the legs.
    • Assemble the top on the spider to finish it off.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment