Friday, October 23, 2015

Apple Munchies


My preschooler loves to snack on apples after school.  I usually just give him a whole apple and have him munch through it.  It's a nice after school snack because it's easy and healthy.  Mommy just gets an apple, washes the apple, and hands it to the little one.  Unfortunately, this only works for my oldest one.  My youngest one...not so much.  My two year old likes snacks that have stuff she likes...like CHOCOLATE.  This is a snack I personally love because it lets me control the amount of chocolate to serve.  I usually put 3-4 morsels...dependings how big the apple slices are. Your little one can help put toppings on their apple slices,  keeping them busy and happy.  This is what this mommy likes the most.  I usually prepare small bowls of peanut butter, granola, coconut flakes, and chocolate morsels for each of my little one.

Ingredients
  •  2 apples (I use Fiji apples)
  • peanut butter (I use WOW Peanut Butter because my two year old is allergic to nuts)
  •  granola of your choice
  •  coconut flakes
  • chocolate morsels of your choice (I personally like the dark ones)

Instructions
  • Slice the apples into your liking..either chips or wedges
  • Spread peanut butter with a spoon
  • Have fun putting toppings on them

Things your little one can do
  • Spread peanut butter on their apple slices with a spoon
  • Have them put various toppings on them
  • You don't have to use the toppings I listed above. You can tweak it and use raisins, chocolate sprinkles, drizzle some caramel, cinnamon,  dip them in yogurt...it's up to you.  The combination is endless.



No comments:

Post a Comment