Thursday, October 15, 2015

Chicken Avocado Burritos



This recipe is for avocado lovers like myself.  I love anything with avocado...I even LOVE avocado ice cream.  Not only is this recipe healthy and easy, it is DELICIOUS!  I came across this recipe while looking through pinterest for avocado related recipes.  I love this recipe not just because it's easy but it's very lunch box friendly.  This recipe is from the website omgchocolatedesserts.com.  I added lemon to the recipe since I was planning to serve them for dinner as well as for lunch the very next day.  My tweaks are shown in red.


Ingredients


  • 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (or 2 chicken breasts, salt and pepper- to taste, 1 Tablespoon mustard, 1 Tablespoon olive oil)
  • 1 cup grated cheese   (I use white cheddar)
  • 1 avocado - diced (I use 2 avocados)
  • 2 Tablespoons cilantro-chopped
  • 4 large tortillas
  • 4 Tablespoon sour cream
  • 1 Tablespoon oil
  • lemon juice from medium size lemon   (added this to the avocado so it won't turn dark)

Instructions


  • Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan, place chicken breast sprinkled with salt and pepper and roast for about 5 minutes on each side. Spread 1 tablespoon mustard over the chicken, add about ¼ cup water add cook covered for a few more minutes.
  • Cut cooked chicken into thin stings. I chop the cooked chicken.  Makes it easier for my toddler to eat.
  • Pour lemon juice over the diced avocados and mix well.
  • Mix the chicken, cheese, and  cilantro with the diced avocados.
  • Spread 1 tablespoon sour cream on each tortilla, add ¼ of the mixture, form a roll.
  • Heat 1 tablespoon oil into a pan and place all four tortillas on the pan, cook for 2 minutes on medium- high heat. Flip on the other side and cook for another minutes or until the the tortillas are golden. 
 
Things you little one can do


  • Mix the chicken, cheese, cilantro, and the diced avocados
  • Have them make put together their own burrito

No comments:

Post a Comment